The Free SF Tour
City overview and insider's tips
Welcome to our free tour of SF! This tour combines an introduction to the city, a really fun walking tour, meet-up and trip planning, all in one!
Designed with backpackers and solo travelers in mind, you’ll get tips on how to use transit, find cool bars, cheap food and make new friends, while seeing some of our favorite secret spots in of San Francisco.
Tour lasts 2 hours, and is “pay-what-you-wish” for your guide ($10-15 per person suggested)
- Every day at 10 AM
- Meets at Union Square (corner of Post and Powell)
- Be careful! There is another free tour company meeting at the same time–you want Wild SF with the yellow flag 🙂
- Just show up–no reservations needed
- Look for the yellow Free Tour flag!
What we see
- Union Square’s Gold Rush history
- Presidential assassins
- How to ride Cable Cars and public transit
- SF bar & drinking history
- Life in San Francisco today
- Tips for cheap food and beer
- Hidden rooftop gardens
- A taste of Ghirardelli chocolate
- Lotta’s Fountain
- The Great Earthquake of 1906
- Homelessness in SF
- Downtown, Financial District and Union Square
- …and much more!